The Life of Things
Today, mass production of objects is tending to redefine the lines between material things—supposedly inert and passive—and human beings—considered the only subjects endowed with agency. Far from being impermeable to this redefinition, the image is now spreading beyond the two-dimensional space: it is becoming an object in itself. The artists and authors in this book thus explore the universes that are being built between individuals and their material environment, highlighting the reciprocal relations that are formed between subject and object.
You can order this publication online directly from our publisher in Germany, or get it from the MOMENTA office by making an appointment with us at email@example.com – Our hours of operation are usually Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm (payment by card only).
- María Wills Londoño, in collaboration with Audrey Genois and Maude Johnson
- Amanda de la Garza, Anne-Marie Dubois, Kapwani Kiwanga, Sara Knelman, Maryse Larivière, and Dominique Quessada
- Available in English and French
- Co-published by MOMENTA / Kerber Verlag
- ISBN 978-3-7356-0608-2 (Kerber Verlag) / ISBN 978-2-9818147-0-8 (MOMENTA)
- $45 / 38 €
- Number of pages